Environmental Sustainability Policy
This Environmental Sustainability Policy formalises our commitment to supporting the principles of environmental sustainability and recognises that a sustainable environment is central to our lives and our work.
Climate change and biodiversity loss are the greatest challenges of our time, and we should all be able to tackle them together. We in the events industry must do our part to reduce emissions and minimise pollution.
Changes in legislation and our customers’ expectations are encouraging us to make sustainable choices in terms of location, energy products, catering, and transport, among other things.
The aim of our Environmental Sustainability Policy is to:
- implement environmental actions within the company
- monitor the environmental actions and improvements internally
- communicate environmental initiatives internally and externally.
This policy and associated procedures apply to all directors, staff and contractors working for the company.
We promote sustainable business and development. We are dedicated to continuous improvement with respect to our services by seeking, among other things, to reduce emissions, to not use hazardous substances, and conserve water and energy in the effort to combat the causes and effects of climate change.
NJ is committed to reducing our environmental impact across our supply chain and to supporting sustainable operational and agricultural production practices. We work with our Suppliers who are critical partners in our efforts to source goods and services in a way that will help reduce our impact on air, land, and water.
NJ Production commits to the following principles and practices:
- Monitoring and managing our environmental performance and working towards targets set to reduce adverse impacts.
- Complying with the environmental laws and regulations in the countries where we do business.
- Reducing the consumption of natural resources in daily operations, including water, paper and energy.
- Maximising the recycling of resources.
- Disposing of waste appropriately, including e-waste at designated e-waste centres.
- Committing to the principles of preventing pollution to the environment and continual improvement.
- Minimising pollution by taking steps to limit carbon emissions resulting from vehicle and air travel.
- Where possible, encouraging suppliers to meet high standards of environmental performance.
- Communicating this policy to all employees, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring all employees follow the internal Sustainable Event Journey Handbook which guides to make more sustainable choices when organising events
- Guiding our clients and suppliers to make more sustainable choices and help them communicate about the choices made to their network
- Offering our clients an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by event production activities
- Reporting on the company’s environmental performance in both internal and external communications, where relevant.
- Reviewing this policy annually and measuring targets and performance as part of that review.
Responsibility and Review
This Environmental Sustainability Policy is the responsibility of the Management of NJ Production. This policy was lasted updated 03/2023 and will be reviewed Q1/2024.